Foam Rolling Tips
Foam rolling can be a game changer with your workouts and help improve your fitness level. Foam rolling helps to break up scar tissue that form in our bodies so when you roll, remember this, it is something that “hurts so good.” You have knots you are trying to get rid of…this doesn’t always feel the best, yet you can work through it.
When you get into a good foam rolling routine, you will find your body moves better because you are getting rid of a lot of aches and pains that have formed.
Remember, when you find a tender spot, HOLD on that spot. Take a deep breath and release. This is where the foam rolling “hurts so good”… Hold that spot for a good 15-20 seconds and KEEP BREATHING.
Why Foam Roll?
There are a plethora of reasons why we should foam roll and these are just to name a few of them.
1. Increases circulation
2. Releases trigger points
3. Helps prevent injury and muscle soreness and helps you recover quicker
4. Breaks up scar tissue.
5. Improves mobility and flexibity
6. Removes lactic acid to aid in recovery
7. Relieve the pain of working at a desk.
How to Effectively Foam Roll
The 7 Exercises in This Video
- Chest Stretch – lay on the foam roller. Have the roller going down your spine. Head rests on the roller. Put your arms out to the side and form a “T”. Relax into this stretch and stay for at least 30 seconds.
- Quad Roll – Lay on the roller across your hips.
- Hamstrings – Sit on the roller and roll back and forth across your hamstrings.
- Calves – I do 1 calf at a time, however, you can do both. Place the roller under 1 calf and roll back and forth. Rotate your leg side to side to get all of your calf.
- IT Band – one of my favorites. You’ll be on your side. Roll up and down the side of your leg. You may find a LOT of tension in this area.
- Glutes – Sit on the roller and roll across the glute area. Also, cross one leg over the other and roll. You’ll get deeper into your glutes this way.
- Back – lay on the roller and go up and down your back. This is a great tension releaser.
If you are ready to take your workouts to a new level, have the accountability and success you want…let’s connect. You can either contact me through this website, comment on this post in social media, or click here to fill out an application to work with me.
Get started on your health journey today!